|Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes|
It's National Cupcake Week and for once I managed to make some cupcakes and have posted them on the blog midweek - well done me!
My local Italian restaurant posted a Ferrero Rocher Cake on their Facebook page and it prompted me to make these cupcakes. I know these Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes have been 'out there' for a long time but somehow I have never got round to making them.
The cupcakes I've seen posted on Facebook this year are truly amazing and inspirational works of creativity.
Here's the recipe to make 12
85g self-raising flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
110g caster sugar
110g softened salted butter
2 large eggs
1tsp baking powder
You will need: 12 hole muffin tin and cupcake cases
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC Fan.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk for a good couple of minutes.
3. Using an ice cream scoop place balls of the batter into the 12 cupcake cases.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked. Remove from the oven and cool.
For the Nutella Buttercream
225g sifted icing sugar
100g softened unsalted butter
2 heaped tablespoons Nutella
2 tsp milk
To decorate: 4 cubes of dark chocolate melted
1. Beat everything together for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add more milk if the mixture is too stiff.
2. Put the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a 1M nozzle and pipe onto the cupcakes. Top with a Ferrero Rocher.
3. Drizzle over melted chocolate using a teaspoon.